Amarone della Valpolicella DOCG Classico Riserva “Marta Galli” by Le Ragose
The Amarone Classico Riserva “Marta Galli” is derived from an exceptional selection of grapes. The refinement of the product is achieved through the use of French oak barrels to produce distinct organoleptic characteristics, differentiating it from the traditional product, Amarone della Valpolicella Classico Docg.
During the harvest, only bunches of grapes that are not too close together are collected to facilitate air circulation for better drying. These bunches are carefully handpicked in the vineyard during September and placed on flat plastic trays to dry until January, with controlled humidity and temperature. This process is referred to as “Appassimento.”
After destemming, the grapes undergo red vinification, followed by fermentation with indigenous yeasts in stainless steel tanks for approximately 20-30 days. Aging takes place in oak barrels, which are a mix of Allier, Troncais, and Vosges, with 30% being new and the remaining 70% used. The wine is aged for 7/8 years before bottling, which is then done for at least 12 months.
Tasting notes reveal that the wine is intense, exceptionally powerful, and rich in tannins, with hints of black cherry. It is hot, strong, full, and velvety, with a pleasantly bitter taste, while also remaining elegant and well balanced.